Sunday, February 22, 2009

Girl Power










   I live in a house full of boys. It isn't always easy. I love them dearly but secretly I long for a girl in the house with me.  
  This weekend we were blessed to have our niece N come and stay with us. N is 10 yrs old and we haven't been able to spend a lot of time with her over the years. N is smart and sensitive. I love being around her. Last night I told her we would watch a movie and she could pick it out. She picked out Titanic, which EVERYONE in our house loves. It was a lovely evening. 
   My two boys are not used to having a little girl around the house. They are pretty self centered and I was concerned they would be unwilling to hang out with their little cousin. 
To my surprise, I watched my young men melt around her. They were kind, helpful and even gave up time with friends willingly because they wanted to spend time with her.  They didn't lose their patience with her or get bored doing things with her. It was pretty magical to watch. 
   N LOVES animals. Our cats were well pampered while she was here. She insisted I take a pic of her holding each one of  them. She also loves to draw and I happily photographed her with her wonderful pieces of art. 
   We had a fabulous visit, and can't wait for her to come back. 

No comments: