Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How I long for Snow Days






My husband is on vacation this week.  With gas prices being so high, we opted to just do local activities. So far we have played games, and putt putt golf.  A friend was talking to me about how great vacations are, and it got me to thinking about how great snow days are. I know all kids are usually excited about snow days but I get ultra excited about them.  The anticipation starts the night before when the forecast calls for snow. I can barely sleep. I get up first thing and look outside. If it looks bad enough, then I head for the TV or internet. Oh how exciting it is to see the name of my kids school. How wonderful it is to go back to bed and not have to wake them up.  I love the idea of being snowed in but this year, it went a bit too far because my husband had to work the night of a MAJOR snow storm. He barely made it home the next morning, and there I was at 7am trying to shovel 2ft of snow out of the end of our driveway so he could just get our car off the road. I did develop a new respect for all the people who have to work out in that weather. It isn't fun.  However, a couple of days later, when we had to dig out, we did manage to have some fun. My guys shoveled the entire drive by hand. 
With all this hot, humid weather, I though photos of a snow storm might be refreshing. 

1 comment:

The Cog said...

...oh, what great pictures to see on this hot and humid summery day. I adore the pic with Lewis neck deep in snow. I have pictures of George in the snow....but he looks a bit to grumpy to publish them to the public. My fault. I nudged him outside to shovel at three in the morning during that snow storm...