Monday, July 14, 2008

Always there with a "smile"





We have a bit of an "extended" family that lives with us.  They are the best company, and they provide unconditional comfort when we are feeling down. They are not very good at cleaning up after themselves and  can be quite demanding. Of course we are talking about our beautiful animals. We have 1 dog, Gracie, and 3 cats, Whiskers, Reggie and Betsy.  I have been wanting to photograph them for a while now, so today I decided I would give it a try. Photographing animals is a little like photographing toddlers. They move around a lot, blink eyes, and when they are done, they are done.  I managed to get photos of all but Betsy who is a little shy. She would have none of it today. Reggie is the one on the bottom looking off to the side, the other two are Whiskers including his "Smiling" pose, and of course,  Gracie, who by the way is terrified of the camera and flash.  She looks a little like a deer in the headlights.  She is my shadow, where I go, she goes.  We are blessed to have their unconditional love. 

1 comment:

The Cog said...

...and my mom was asking the other day if you ever did animal pet portraits. She will love these pictures.