Sunday, November 16, 2008

So Sweet


My husband does not consider himself a romantic. He doesn't bring home chocolates and flowers or make reservations at fancy restaurants or even think of romantic gifts on anniversaries ( most of the time). What he does do that I consider the most romantic is little things. He packs my lunch and puts sweet notes in it, he always always remembers to hug and kiss me goodbye. He tells me how much I mean to him often.  There are also big things that come few and far between ( he is not a big planner) One anniversary, he had a pilot friend fly us to a city about 100 miles away to have dinner at the airport restaurant.  
Well today, for no other reason other than he knew I had a tough week, he planned a nice dinner. He made plans for the kids to be gone, cooked steak and baked potato's, and bought wine. ( The chocolate was my contribution, a new favorite candy that I am completely in love with) 
I can't imagine a more romantic gesture. I am blessed!

No comments: